We're going to try this for updates on our pre-natal life and our son's progress. For those of you just joining our story, here's a little background:
Our baby BOY is due in mid-May! That means we are almost half way through the pregnancy.
On our last ultrasound (where HE announced himself) Dec. 21st, we also found out he has a condition called hydrocephalus, which means too much fluid building up in the brain. There are many causes of this condition which occurs in about 1 in 2000 births and is more common in boys than girls. The spectrum of outcomes is anything from absolutely normal development to, well, severe mental retardation or death. Very scary...
- Amniocentesis to try to determine the cause (genetic or infection). This was done on Dec. 28th and the results will take 1-2 weeks to get back.
- Monitor with ultrasound every 2-3 weeks until delivery.
Really all we can do at this point is pray for the best outcome--that this issue will resolve on its own and that our baby will be completely healthy. For those of you who are inclined to pray, please pray for us:
- for the best outcome--no genetic defects and for the hydrocephalus to resolve
- patience and peace during the waiting time
- trust in God's plan and timing
- to grow in love for our baby boy, no matter what the outcome
Thank you for standing with use in prayer and for your support!